Saturday, May 29, 2010

Garden update: May 29

Bullet points cause I'm tired and gross:

Planted two Toro blueberry bushes, a bunch more tomatoes, and some Mayflower Pole beans. Noticed a few tomato plants and one sweet pepper with the beginnings of fruit on them.

Set up 4 more potato tire-towers. I have lots of them now but still have lots more seed potatoes that I can't stand to waste.

Did some pruning on the big maple out front to let some more light on the garden beds.

Did some hardscaping along a path between two garden beds.

Weeded a lot.

Watered a lot. The high temps and breezes are sucking the water out of everything.

April and I grilled out for dinner, first time this year. We also ate the first all-homegrown salad... it was delicious, but I think I'd eat my old shoes if they had that fancy 25y0 balsamic vinegar on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment